I got my next bolt of interfacing in the mail and was finally able to finish interfacing all the shirts!
I'll keep this short and sweet...literally...last night Ryan and I had a hankering for something sweet but we didn't want to go out in the rain to get something. I of course went to my Pinterest board to see if I could find a recipe that I already had all the ingredients for. I found this recipe for "homemade nutter butters" with peanut butter oatmeal cookies and a sweet peanut butter filling. They were so quick and easy to make that I forgot to take any pics...and then they got gobbled up crazy fast! Click the pick to check out the recipe (note: it makes 48 little sandwiches, i cut it in four to just make a dozen). I'll be making these again soon!
Sorry about the break in posting but we were gone for about a week on an awesome ski trip! Our friends Nate & Kayla and Rob & Kristen convinced us to plan a ski trip out in Colorado. The trip was partly for Kayla's birthday and partly just to get in at least a couple more friends' trips before everyone has kids or gets too busy.
Unlike a standard tshirt quilt, Bianca's quilt back is made up of additional tshirts! It's basically two quilt tops instead of a top and a back.
You may recall that for my birthday last April, Ryan promised to build me a kitchen island that I had designed and sketched up. He made a some good progress over the summer but he still had quite a ways to go. This past weekend he got some more done. He started by adding feet to the bottom of the island!
Between running out of interfacing, finishing up previous orders and family/holiday travel, I didn't get much time in December to work on Bianca's quilt top. Last time I posted, I was ironing on all the interfacing. Since then, I was able to finish the interfacing and piece/sew together all the shirts in the quilt top!
I know...I know...the year just barely started and I'm already behind, LOL. Even though I wasn't able to blog over the past week or so, I still wanted to do my 2013 in review post. My sewing goal for 2013 was to complete 20 quilts which was a little too ambitious, LOL. But I did finish 10 quilts plus numerous embroidery projects. I think a more reasonable goal for 2014 would be 12 quilts (one per month).