Today was the third and final day of my sewing weekend. I turned off the alarm this morning instead of getting up right away so when I woke up I thought it was really late...it was 7:30am. Wahoo!! I can't believe I am starting to wake up before 8am all on my own, I thought it would never happen! Anyways, I was planning on taking Willow to the dog beach this morning but when I got up it was raining :( So no beach and no run today - poor doggy was so bored today. I was kind of tired of hand stitching the hexagons for my mom's table runner so I decided to go do a little shopping and errands first. I drove over to JoAnn's only to find...they didn't open until 10am (and I got there at 9am). How annoying! I never realized how late stuff opens on Sunday. So I drove home, put on some British movie with Britney Murphy and sewed until lunch. After lunch I set back out on my errands. Or maybe I should say my mass shopping spree!
I've done so much focusing on my sewing that I'm seeing stars...oh wait, those aren't stars...they're hexagons. The table runner I promised my mom for Christmas turned out to be so much more time consuming than I ever expected. The body of the table runner is made up of hexagons that are made by taking a square of fabric and basting it around a plastic template. Then the hexagons are hand stitched to each other and the plastic templates can be removed. I had to cut more plastic templates today so I decided to just baste a bunch today and then stitch them together after. I did get quite a few basted but I'm now tired of sewing the darn things (and I still have a lot more of them to do, sigh).
Today was Day 1 of three days of sewing while Ryan is on his cruise. It went pretty well, here's how it went down:
- Took doggy for a run
- Cleaned the house and did a bunch of laundry
- Took doggy to get a bath
- Helped Ryan finish packing and went to lunch together
- Washed the backing fabric for Gwen's quilt
- Finally got mom's table runner hexagons 2/3 done while watching Dane Cook, Overboard and Baby Boom (I have to watch things I've already seen or I'll get too distracted)
- Used Ryan's grill for the first time (and without supervision) and cooked two perfect burgers for dinner (only to find out we were out of buns and I had to go to the gas station to get some)
- I was going to do some more sewing after dinner but I have been pretty tired this evening so instead I watched one more movie, called Weather Girl. I had never heard of it but netflix suggested it to me so I decided to try it out. It was actually pretty funny (romantic comedy). The plot wasn't hard to figure out but it was entertaining and humorous.