Mom’s Table runner
Due: As soon as possible since it was a Christmas gift
Description: An English paper piecing project that has hexagons in the body and then appliquéd violets on it. When I started this project I didn’t know I would have to hand stitch most of the top.
1. Wash, press and Cut fabric…DONE
2. Baste all hexagons and stitch together… 1/2 complete
3. Complete quilt top with appliqué … Not Started
4. Quilting … Not Started
5. Binding and Finishing … Not Started
Goal Last Week: Get hexagons 2/3 completeGoal This Week: I did do some work on it but i still haven't gotten to the 2/3 mark. It took me 2hrs to do 6 hexagons so it's taking about 20mins each, yikes! I have about 20 more hexagons before the 2/3 point.
Due: No Due Date
Description: A t-shirt quilt with 12 shirts, blue borders and sashing, standard quilting pattern
1. Wash, press and cut shirts … DONE
2. Cut and iron on interfacing … DONE
3. Cut and sew on Borders & Sashing … Not Started
4. Load quilt sandwich onto Quilt Machine … Not Started
5. Quilting … Not Started
6. Binding & Finishing … Not Started
Goal Last Week: Cut and sew on borders and sashingGoal This Week: I didn't get to work on it last week so hopefully this weekend I will get the quilt top done
March Shoebox Swap Items
Description: Paper craft banner, felt hair clips, foam coasters, shrinkfilm keychains
- Plan all crafts … DONE!
- Purchase all supplies … DONE!
- Complete each craft … DONE!
- Take photos and upload tutorials … DONE!
Goal This Week: I finished it all up and got it mailed, yay! Next week I'll add the April shoebox swap to this list
Hand-Sewn Quilt #1
Due: No due date
Description: One of my distant relatives used to make wonderful hand stitched quilts before she passed away and she left behind two quilt tops that were never finished. I need to repair the tops and do the quilting she never got around to.
- Identify and Repair worn areas on the top … Not Started
- Purchase baking and batting for the quilt … Not Started
- Plan Quilting pattern and decide on machine vs. hand quilted … Not Started
- Quilting … Not Started
- Binding & Finishing … Not Started
Goal This Week: I got in touch with my aunt and am ready to start this as soon as I finish mom's table runner