1. Bridal Party: I asked all 5 bridesmaids to be in my party and they all accepted, yay! So it will be Ashley H as my Matron of Honor, then Beth, Rachel, Gwen & Amanda. What an awesome group! Ryan has asked his brother Greg to be his best man and he has asked two other friends to be in the wedding party but he still hasn't asked the last two.
2. Bridesmaid dresses: We picked a bridesmaid dress, yay! Actually we picked one a couple of weeks ago and then found out it was discontinued and we couldn't get the sizes we wanted so we had to find another. Here's the one we are getting:
We will be getting it in the color "Lapis" which is a dark purple - in person it's even a little darker than it shows up on my monitor.
3. Save the Dates: I got my Save The Dates in the mail and they came out so cute, exactly like the picture I posted! Laurie used my new return address stamp on all the envelopes and put stamps on them while I hand wrote the addresses and then Laurie stuffed the envelopes and sealed them (i was still handwriting addresses). My parents sent me all the addresses on time except for Ryan's dad's side because he failed to ask his dad for the addresses until the day I needed them (even though I had been asking him for a month...GRRR). After gathering a few more friends' addresses, I finished up the last couple and took them to the post office yesterday to maile.
4. Invitations: All the main invitations have been printed, cutout, stamped and embossed. I am waiting to print out the enclosure cards and RSVP cards until after our menu tasting this Friday and until after we sign the room block contract with Vero Beach Hotel & Spa (also this Friday). There is going to be a little monogram like square on the front of each pocketfolder and Laurie did all the stamping, embossing, trimming and mounting for those. This weekend I should be able to finish the enclosure cards, mount the invitations and ribbon to the pocket fold and stuff/address the envelopes. I already put the return address stamp on the envelopes and as the To: address on the RSVP envelopes. I also took a completed invite to the post office to confirm the amount of postage it would take and then ordered stamps for the invites and the RSVP's. Supposedly you should mail them out at the three month mark but I may mail them out closer to the four month mark since so many people will be travelling.
6. Favors: Sometime this month I need to plan out what favors I want to make or buy. I had thought about making or buying some sort of little gift boxes that look like bird houses. I might still do that but while I was at work on Monday, Laurie made this adorable little box that also doubles as a placecard. She even made a little window out of cellophane so you could see the candy inside. On top she used used the two stamps from above, embossed them and then cut them out carefully and inserted them into a slit in the box. Aren't they adorable?
- Get the bridesmaids dresses ordered and choose groomsmen attire
- Finalize menu and details of rehearsal dinner at Osceola Bistro
- Update our wedding website (mooresaxon.ourwedding.com)
- Plan our honeymoon - any suggestions??
- Finalize reception decor plans and purchase supplies
- Start planning the favors