Trailer bought on Craigslist: $350
New Axles to replace rusty ones: $880
New wheels after finding out the old ones didn't work w/ the new axles: $375
Total Cost: $1605
After getting all that put together, Ryan was ready to try to get the boat loaded onto it. So he drove the boat through the creek to a nearby park with a boat ramp and I drove his truck and the trailer there (I was a little nervous since i'd never driven his truck or the trailer but it was fine).
We weren't sure exactly how far we'd have to back the truck in or how easily the boat would pull up on it. But we took a guess and Ryan started driving the boat up onto the trailer. Unfortunately, we couldn't pull the boat all the way onto the trailer - it looked like the bunks were in the right spot but the front of the boat wasn't going to clear the winch and post. Ryan tried to do some adjusting of the winch location while we were at the dock but it was getting dark pretty quickly. Eventually we agreed he would have to do some work on it at home and come back the next day.
In addition, Ryan decided to remove a couple of supports that were on the trailer and replace them with rollers to help the boat glide on a bit better. He picked up two rollers and some silicone to lube up the bunks and help the trailer slide on better:
Rollers & Spray: $50
New Total: $1655
Then Saturday around lunch time, we tried again. With the new adjustments, we were able to get the boat up onto the trailer. It still looked like it needed to come forward a bit and was hanging kind of far of the bunks but it was safe and stable so we decided to drive it home so Ryan could tinker with it some more in the driveway instead. Here's how it looked when we pulled it out of the water:
New Fenders: $85
Paint, Bolts, Mounting Supplies: $100
New Total: $1840