I showed you the finished quilts for Robin's girls but I didn't show you how I repaired the blankies after I cut a square out of them...
I came up with the idea to embroider their name and birthday onto a similar sized square and sew it on almost like a patch. I picked fabrics that would look good with each one and coordinating thread to do the embroidery.
I followed the same basic methodology for both blankets and they came out so cute! Now she'll be able to hand down the blankies to her daughters and then they can save them for their own children. AND they still got to be included in the baby clothes quilts. Another unique request that turned out to be a real win!
Leave a Reply.