Then I drew a grid showing each shirt and I listed the maximum size that the shirt could be cut to and the minimum size needed for the image on the shirt. Then I looked for patterns or common sizes that might work. I ended up having to switch a couple of shirts around and mount a couple of shirts onto a larger backing fabric but overall it worked out pretty good. Once I had decided on each finished size, I drew a second grid and wrote down the cut size of each shirt. The cut size is just the finished size in the grid above plus 1/4" on all sides. For t-shirt quilts I prefer a 1/2" seam allowance but the baby shirts are just too tiny to leave that much in the seams. Once that was decided, I cut all the shirts using a rotary cutter, mat and ruler.