After my last sneak peak, I had finished sewing the large sections of squares and I needed to make the center section with the letter A. For Aubrey's quilt, I had done a big curly A.
But I wanted something different for Addi's - plus I free-handed the design before so I knew I wouldn't be able to match it. Similar to last time, I found a computer font I liked, and then based off that I sketched a big version of that letter.
I traced the letter I had drawn and cut out onto my fabric and then ironed the white letter onto the background fabric.
Now for the slow part: using a satin stitch to go around all the edges and trim the background up.
then of course I hung it up on the design wall with the adjacent pieces to see how the center of the quilt is going to look. I seriously love that design wall - I have used it on every step of this quilt and it helped so much. This is one of the rare times where I didn't have to rip anything apart because I had sewn the wrong pieces together, LOL. I can't wait to get it finished up - it's going to be super cute!