- Favorite Pie: Apple, preferably with a crumble on top
- Favorite Spice/Flavoring: Cinnamon
- Favorite Ice Cream: Cinnamon – preferably on top of a piece of apple pie
- Favorite Ice cream topping: Caramel
- Favorite Cake: Spice Cake with cream cheese frosting (although pumpkin cake is a close second)
First up was the crust which was just Vanilla Wafers, butter and brown sugar. My Blendtec was perfect for turning the wafers into crumbs in seconds. By the way, as a kid I always thought Vanilla Wafers were such a boring icky cookie but I haven’t had them in years and let me tell ya’…they’re addicting.
The next day, the cheesecake was ready to be removed from the springform pan (oh, I forgot to tell you that right after I took it out of the oven I ran a plastic knife around the edge to help keep it from cracking as it cooled). It might not be the prettiest but I'm so proud that it didn't crack!! The pecan pie part set perfectly. In fact, I probably simmered it a tiny bit too long, it's a bit chewy. But paired with the cinnamon ice cream, this might be my new favorite dessert, yum!!!