Maura's Quilt - Sewing & Applique
Once all the shirts were cut and interfaced, I sewed the hat down on the top right, finished the applique work on a couple of difficult clothing items and added a name block.
As usual, once the blocks were all done, I sewed them into rows and then joined all the rows together. Sorry about the lighting, I'm not sure what I did to my camera that day but the pics came out super yellow, ugh.
Once all the rows were sewn together, I laid out my proposed backing fabric and a possible binding or border color to decide how to finish up the quilt.
We decided to go with a navy border and backing that matches the applique'd name block and then do a lime green binding. I know the border looks black in this pic but it's definitely dark navy. I can tell this is going to be another adorable quilt!
3/26/2014 03:00:44 am
Leave a Reply.