I'm happy to say I've got another baby clothes quilt to work on - all of these orders are coming in from Etsy (not people I know personally) so maybe my name and brand are finally starting to get out there. I started with a rough layout of the clothes and some discussion back and forth about what Maura wanted the quilt to look like.
Once we agreed on the layout, I got the shirts cut and interfaced. This is also the period at which I get the shirts ready for any applique work that needs to be done.
A couple of the most difficult items to sew on this quilt was this collared shirt that she wanted to keep the collar on, and this pair of shorts that she wanted to keep the pocket and the belt. I think that's one thing that really makes my quilting unique - I can figure out a way to include ALL different types of clothing!