Emmy's Quilt Almost Done
Yesterday, I had a meeting that lasted most of the day so I wasn't able to get too much sewing done but I did a pretty good job today! I got all the shirts interfaced and finished the appliqued blocks.
Then I got all the pieces in the top stitched together
Then I pressed, cut and stitched the borders and backing fabric.
I loaded the quilt layers onto the quilting machine and quilted it. Thankfully, my quilting machine mostly cooperated today. I only had two broken threads throughout the entire quilt! I am thinking more and more that it has more to do with the tension on the rails combined with the stretchiness of the fabrics.
Once I was done quilting, I took it off the machine (shown below). Then I cut out the basting tacks and trimmed any loose thread ends.
Overall, I think it came out really cute! All that's left now is to make and stitch on the binding which I will try to do tomorrow. Then I will package up the whole order and ship it to Danielle - I'm sure she's super anxious to finally get her three quilts!
Leave a Reply.