- Ryan and I watched Contagion at a friend's house: it was pretty decent and it had a killer cast. But I was a little disappointed with the ending, they were building up to a big climax and then it just fizzled out
- Rachel and I went to the theater to see This Means War where Reese Witherspoon is dating two spies at the same time. This one was awesome, I will be purchasing it. Also, if any guys are reading this...this is the movie to take your wife/gf too. She'll be psyched and you won't hate it. Yes it's still a romantic comedy but there's action in it and it leans more towards comedy than romance (and they keep the drama and sappy dialogue to a minimum). Ladies - the guys are smokin' hot and hilarious, doesn't get much better than that.
- Ryan was watched the tv series The Colony (only 2 seasons) about people who were put into post apocalyptic type habitats for 50 days to see if they could survive.
- Netflix added some new episodes of How I Met Your Mother so i went through them and watched the few I hadn't seen already
- This afternoon I finally watched Tangled (the Disney movie about Rapunzel), it was indeed awesome. It was heartfelt and funny, the music was decent and the villain was scary. It kind of reminded me of sleeping beauty - I guess I never realized how similar the story lines are. The animation was good too, overall it's one of the better Disney movies I've seen recently.
Other Time Killers:
Ryan got me playing Tiny Towers on his iPad (it is also on android but my phone is on a really old version of android that the app doesn't support). Fortunately, I accidentally forgot the iPad at work on Friday (I brought it to play at lunch) so i couldn't play at all this weekend (otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten anything done).
Weekly Project Mini Update:
Sadly I made no progress on Mom's table runner or Gwen's t-shirt quilt this weekend (I will get tons done once Ryan leaves for his cruise on Friday). But I did get my March Shoebox Swap items done (i'll post those soon). I finally talked to my Aunt Barb about the quilt tops that need to be done so I can get started on those too while Ryan is gone.
Coming Up This week:
I'm working on posts for my March shoebox swap items I made and for another movie review. I still haven't made my planned dessert, lasagna soup or dog treats so hopefully I'll do those sometime this week. Lastly, Ryan is going on a bachelor party cruise for his best friend Nate. They leave Friday and get back Monday morning but Ryan will have to leave Monday afternoon (before I even get home from work) for a work trip to Rochester, NY and won't be back until sometime Friday. So I have an off Friday, all day Saturday, all day Sunday and then Mon - Fri evenings to do sewing work. The last time Ryan had an away weekend I didn't actually get nearly as much done as I hoped so hopefully this time I will get a bunch done. I need to work on a schedule or goals or something to help me stay on track. I will also be up for some chick flicks or hanging out if anyone is interested.
The deadline to sign up for or opt out of the April Shoebox Swap is Wednesday 2/29 so please make sure you do so if needed. I will send out the names, as usual, on Thursday 3/1 and the theme is Easter (or you can do April Showers or Earth Day if you don't celebrate Easter). I will try to get the website updated to allow swappers to add photos for their February swap items they got.
Ok, time to keep being productive so more to come tomorrow!