Robin's Double Quilt - Pt 3
Last time I showed you Robin's quilt, I had finished cutting all the shirts and was working on interfacing them. I had cut squares out of the baby blankie but not replaced them. Really, I had done most of the hard parts and then the sewing and quilting goes pretty quick!
Robin gave me a valance (like the kind you hang on the window) from the girls' nursery to use some of the fabric in the quilt. I measured it out and figured out that if I ripped out the seams and opened it up, I had just enough fabric to make a border on both of the girls' quilts.
Once the tops were pieced I got them set up on the quilting machine. I kind of thought I might be able to fit both of the tops on the machine at the same time so i could quilt them simultaneously but it was just too close. So I did them one at a time.
Once the quilts were done, I just needed to repair the blankies and then I was ready to drop them off with Robin!
Leave a Reply.